Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Examining Frannie #13: An Appeal to Frannie Rose

Message from Frannie Rose

Dear Corey

Recently I noticed on my facebook page that you had been trying to contact me for some time. I wasn’t aware your message was there until today, because you are not listed as one of my facebook friends. Your letter mentioned that you wanted to me to contact you.

Your postings were brought to my attention last year and I found them judgmental and unkind. Theologians use theology to help to support understanding, not as a weapon. Your postings were immediately accusatory and I felt bullied by someone whom has no understanding of my intention or what I speak.

There are many items you discussed with the premise that I am guilty until proven innocent. Your stories about what I have spoken and written are incorrect. Much of what you perceived were assumptions and perceptions based entirely upon your own premise that I am new age. Given your worldview lens, you saw what you wanted to see because you have no understanding of the concepts I was discussing.

To add to your misconceptions, on the youtube that you analyzed, behind me was always a screen with a quote from a Christian mystic that I was discussing. You did not see the screen or the quote because it was not seen on the video. You would have had to be present at the retreat to see it. However you commented on what I said, labeling it heresy. On one of those quotes you wrote a whole paragraph, which was a quote by Teresa of Avila – “Teach me dear God, all that you know." You lashed out into a whole tirade about this.

It saddens me as a new Catholic to experience first hand your lack of faith, your lack of kindness, and compassion and by your assumption that I am evil because you have not experienced what I have. I invite you to look more deeply into yourself to find these things. For surely your unkind and judgmental way of being has become slanderous and despotic and serves no humane purpose.

Perhaps God will help you to understand that when you approach human beings with kindness, compassion and love, you receive these things as well as their cooperation.

I will pray for this.

In His peace,
Frannie Rose

My Response to Frannie Rose

Frannie Rose,

I think that given the time and effort that people have put forth in order to express their concerns it may be prudent for you to actually address the following letter which I have written to the bishop recently. Since it is thorough and well-documented I will not reproduce points from it here for the sake brevity. http://thecatholicwesleyan.blogspot.com/2017/03/

I think that people would be more interested in a detailed response to our concerns instead of simply stating that we are misunderstanding you, or simply stating that your teachings are orthodox, or that you think that our concerns have been expressed in a judgmental or unkind manner, or whether you think we have a strong Catholic faith, or whether you think we share the same religious experiences. Therefore, we eagerly anticipate your thorough, detailed, and well-documented responses to each of our points and evidences which we have put forth.

To be sure, I have not made mere assumptions concerning your teachings since all of my writings have been based in a detailed analysis of what you have taught and written and it is on this documented basis that I have determined that your teachings are incompatible with the Catholic Faith.

Quoting a Christian Mystic in reference to your teachings does not mean that your teachings are compatible with what that mystic was saying in the broader perspective of their Catholic faith. It is very easy to misunderstand the mystics particularly because there are “catholic” materials that are published and influence a great number of Catholics, especially writings from dissenters such as Richard Rohr and Thomas Keating. Dissent and liberalism within the Catholic Church is alive and well, and many of these would lead you to believe that the writings of Eckhart Tolle are compatible with Catholic thought, etc. But there are those that work diligently to make sure that Catholics understand the true Catholic faith and not other versions of it proposed by dissent. Our concern is expressed as clearly as the distinction between the Catholic faith and a dissenting amalgamation of some Catholic concepts with New Age elements. See the following on Thomas Keating as an example of dissent: http://www.spiritualdirection.com/2015/09/28/can-i-trust-father-thomas-keating

I truly believe that you have found this dissenting niche in 'Catholic' thought and have had this reinforced by others, even priests, nuns, and bishops. Richard Hanifen himself has stated that he sees no problem with Panenthiesm even though it contradicts the teachings of Ecumenical Councils. Because of this I do not blame nor accuse you of deliberate deception but since we have repeatedly detailed our concerns publicly with no serious response we have questioned just how genuine this is.

We eagerly await your detailed response to our concerns laid out in our letter to Bishop Sheridan.


Corey Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Letter to a Jehovah's Witness

Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ His only begotten Son, who is eternally begotten of the Father from al...